Here is a checklist that will assist you gather all the necessary slips, receipts and documents you need to make sure you get every tax credit and deduction you are entitled to.

■ T4 slips (Employment income)
■ Employment insurance benefits (T4E)
■ Interest, dividends, mutual funds (T3, T5, T5008)
■ Tuition / education receipts (T2202A)
■ Universal Child Care Benefit (RC62)
■ Old Age Security and CPP benefits (T4A-OAS, T4AP)
■ Other pensions and annuities (T4A)
■ Social assistance payments (T5007)
■ Workers’ compensation benefits (T5007)
■ All other information slips

■ RRSP contribution receipts
■ Support for a child, spouse or common-law partner
■ Professional or union dues
■ Tool expenses (Tradespersons & apprentice mechanics)
■ Medical expenses
■ Transit pass receipts
■ Charitable donations
■ Political contributions
■ Child care expenses
■ Adoption expenses
■ Children’s arts and sports programs
■ Moving expenses
■ Interest paid on student loans
■ Carrying charges and interest expenses
■ Office - in-home expenses
■ Exams for professional certification

■ Notice of Assessment/Reassessment
■ Canada Revenue Agency correspondence
■ Sale or deemed sale of stocks, bonds or real estate
■ Northern residents deductions receipts
■ Rental income and expense receipts
■ Business, farm or fishing income/expenses
■ Automobile / Travel logbook and expenses
■ Disability Tax Credit Certificate
■ Declaration of Conditions of Employment (T2200)
■ Volunteer Firefighters certification
■ Search and Rescue volunteers certification
■ Custody Arrangement documentation